Originally Posted by carbking
........Completely agree!

Anytime one is migrating a carburetor to a new application, generally best to build the carburetor completely stock! Now one has a repeatable baseline. One can then tune from this point, and always easily go back to the baseline if the tuning mods do not perform as desired (a.k.a. the "Law of Unintended Consequences").

As far as feedback is concerned, some of us still work, and do not live on the computer. Patience is a virtue!

The 2G series is an extremely versatile and reliable carburetor, and with a proper manifold is an excellent choice. It is infinitely tunable. Most folks think of jets, but Rochester created 19 different power valves to allow for different percentages of increase over the main metering jets. Years ago, we produced a spring tuning kit to adjust the timing of the power valve opening. Some of the negative comments you may have seen concern trying to run a 2 barrel carb through a single barrel manifold with a hokey 2 ->1 adapter.

The 2G would not be my personal choice, but then you probably do not have 150,000 carburetors to choose from wink It really should work well for you.

Jon.

Duly noted. I will just rebuild it for the 283 and get jets if needed. I can't remember if the kit I got had different springs, I'll have to look. I have heard great things about the 2G and it's tunability. I admittedly was going to run the 2G on the stock manifold with a 2-to-1 adapter, but then decided not to do it that way, got the better manifold. I wish I had more choices in carburetors, but I have the Monojet which I really don't want to use for this setup; the 2G which came off the 283 of the truck I bought in 2005; and the Quadrajet I have owned and tuned for decades. Originally I was going to use the Q-Jet, but then decided to give the 2G a try.

I understand the working part, I too am working. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I am learning as we go.


Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)