I failed to mention, the 2G I am gearing up to rebuild is off of a 1965 283. It has the manual choke, small base, and the throttle shaft has zero wobble in the base. It'll need a really good soaking to loosen-up the hardened deposits. I have the intake, it's an Aussie Speed intake. Nice design. It has a nice waffle pattern under the carb to help atomize the fuel/air mixture in the plenum. If I wanted to run a Holley I could mount it in any configuration I want to without an adapter. If I decide to use a quadrajet in the future, I just need an adapter plate, and can orient it in any configuration, as well. For the time being, I am having an adapter plate made for the 2G that fits the Aussie intake. He made one (photo no. 2), but the idle speed adjustment screw hit the top of the plate in the notched area, and I didn't like the slots for the plate-to-intake-mounting, so now we are communicating on a redesign to allow full functionality of the carb and no slots. Air flow won't be restricted, it'll be able to breathe. Crusader may have had a different intake, I just discovered they used the 2G on the 292, and wrote down the jet sizes.
Here are some photos of the upgrades purchased that will be going on the 292. I don't have a photo of the cam, but you guys know what those look like...lol...
Last edited by DoubleDingo; 05/10/20219:17 PM.
Shane
Shane's Toys... 2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner) 1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner) 1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner) 1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)