"The carburetor doesn't know what intake or what engine its on, it's looking for air velocity. Your carburetor is calibrated for a 283, the 292 is not that far off from 283"
No.
I'd explain it.
But I already did...
Aw come on panic, not wasting your time. You edited out the info you shared from your early reply, luckily I quoted it so the thread still has it.
If the head flows 80 cfm more than stock, and the engine breathes way better than it did rolling off the assembly line, is that not increased air velocity? I haven't looked at the 2bbl intake on the 283, but I have no reason to question it is a dual plane. This Aussie manifold having the waffle pattern to keep fuel droplets under the carb, and not sticking to the walls of the intake, along with me adding heat under the carb, won't the 2G perform well with this improved engine? On Inliners, people have reported better performance with a 2G on a 292.
Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand the negative-sounding posts. I posted this in the HiPo area because this 292 is no longer a stock 292, but it will never be raced, it will be a highway cruiser, a dump runner, a heavy hauler, etc. It's duties only expanded to highway cruiser, the main purpose of this 292 will still be exercised, just not with a monojet.