Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
The 2G is one of the best carburetor designs GM ever came up with. Try to find a 2 BBL for a 283 V8, not the bigger bore model that was used on Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and 305 Chevy engines. I'd suggest finding an Offenhauser 4 BBL intake and adapting it to accommodate the 2G, rather than trying to use some sort of restrictive adapter plate to mate the 2 barrel to the original equipment 1 BBL intake. Didn't the Crusader have some sort of oddball intake that worked with their water-cooled exhaust?
Jerry

I was actually planning to go with the Offenhauser, and was online looking for prices when I saw the Aussie. The price was right, it was already here in the USA, so I snagged it. I wish it had heat under the carb like the Offy does. I do have an idea to fabricate a heat stove to warm up the underside of the carb area. Not as good as stock, or the coolant heating option for the Offy and some Clifford's, but may help.


Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)