I do soda blasting sparingly and mostly on steel and cast iron. If there are small passages, I tape them up.
I learned the hard way that soda and other blasting materials can pack tight and even high pressure compressed air may not get it out.
Then it's a real pain to clean out those tiny passages with fine gauge wire.

If the carburetor is nasty, I use a safe degreaser, brass brush and water to clean the outside before disassembly.
Then I use an ultrasonic cleaner with s solution of dishwashing liquid and hot (not boiling hot) water.
Compressed air to clean and dry. Repeat as needed.

After 50+ years most of the original finish on most carburetors has disappeared so a clean carburetor may look dull.
A dull carburetor that runs great is much better, in my opinion, than a shiny one that runs terrible.


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."