Originally Posted by panic
The original V8 application uses a completely different intake manifold design.
The 283 dual plane manifold feeds 4 cylinders from a single barrel (left or right) and the other 4 from the other barrel.
The Aussie feeds all 6 cylinders from both barrels simultaneously.

I'd thought of that. Curious, though, in my research I have seen many inline six engines with 4 barrel Quadrajets, Holley and Edelbrock carburetors, and they claim the engine runs better than with the Monojet. Is it safe to say that the 4 barrel is a better choice? Or can the 2G be made to work across the rpm ranges I will run this engine? Or is it too much carb at low rpms and not enough at cruise or WOT? I know a quadrajet can be calibrated for smaller engines, and the Pontiac 250 came with them. And then there is the Holley kit sold by Tom Lowe that takes a 750 CFM Holley, and turns it into a 562 CFM 3 barrel, so the engine runs on one barrel for around town and then the secondaries operate only on WOT. I can run the 2G, or I can recalibrate a quadrajet I have, I do have options. I approach things way differently than most people, I think outside the box, and had this crazy idea that this engine being way more efficient than a stock 292, the 2G may be a good choice. I am not a racer, and haven't tinkered on these engines like a lot of you have, to say I am a complete novice is an understatement. I am just happy to have some communication on the subject, school is open.


Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)