The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Woodcmiami), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239690 08/26/2007 4:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
This is the the truck my grandma gave me.Any clue as to what year it is or any other info?How do I get this truck in the gallery?Thanks Walt
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

#239691 08/26/2007 4:55 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Looks like somewhere in the 30's but someone will be along soon with the answer I'm sure. You do seem to have plenty of firewood tho.


~Jim
#239692 08/26/2007 5:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
That's 40's not 30's. The pictures load real slow so I'll bet not many people are actually looking at them.

Its probably a '41 or '46, though it could be anything '41 to '47. '47 was a split year with a model change mid-year. While there was very little production during the war years every once in a while someone shows up with a war production truck.

I spent two weeks in Cortez in the fall of 1980. I remember it as a very pleasant place, but I've never been back.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
#239693 08/26/2007 5:39 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
Looks good, Lots of potential. What happened to the roof above the drivers door? Looks like it got hit by a tree.


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
#239694 08/26/2007 6:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Looks like a 46 or 47.1. They didn't use a lot of chrome before or during the war, especially on something as utilitarian as a truck.
Just a guess though,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#239695 08/26/2007 8:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Is the lock in the door or in the handle on the passenger side?? If it is in the handle it is a 41 if the doors are orignal. If it's in the door it is a 42 -47 first series. Chrome grills were availabe on the 41 but 42-45 were mostly black out grills (painted).


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
#239696 08/26/2007 11:00 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 76
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 76
it is a 1941 chevy pick-up . you can tell by the parklight .thanks

#239697 08/26/2007 4:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
I dont have the truck here yet to really look it over.My cousin sent the pictures from Oregon.Is there a better site for my pictures than my photo bucket account?I can add more pics to another account to help better identify the truck.

#239698 08/26/2007 5:27 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
41Chevy and chevy are correct. It appears to be a '41 3/4 ton. Take a look at the rear window. If there is a die-cast frame on the outside, held on by screws from the inside it's a '41. chevy mentions that the parklight assembly gives it away. It does appear that the lens on the drivers side is the longer version used on '41. Pop off the top cover and see if the base of the parklamp is die-cast. The later bases were stamped.

If you can find the VIN run it through the VIN Buster in the Tech Tips section.

You can submit your truck to the Gallery by using this link.

As far as Photo Hosting sites take a look at the IT Short Bus Forum . There is a "sticky" posted by Red58 that lists some free hosting sites. Even though Bill doesn't seem to care for Google's Picasa I use it and find that it is one of the easiest and least cluttered. Google also "gives" you 1 GB of free space. Most of the members here on the 'Bolt use WebShots.


Take more photos of the truck and post them for all of us to enjoy - the more the merrier! Also, take a gazillion photos before and during your restoration. You'll be thankful that you did.

Nice truck and nice Grandma too!

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
#239699 08/26/2007 6:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
This should work better.Here are all the pictures I got. LINK

#239700 08/26/2007 6:24 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Walt - the new photos more or less confirm that you have a '41 3/4 ton. The passenger side door appears to have the lock in the handle and the rear window looks like it has a die-cast metal frame. Thanks for posting.

Make sure to throw those spare fenders in the bed before you haul it off.

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
#239701 08/26/2007 10:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
Thanks for the help guys!Cant wait to get started bringin it back to life.

#239702 08/28/2007 1:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
"This is the the truck my grandma gave me."

Can she be my grandma too?

#239703 08/28/2007 3:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Would you guys from Colorado please leave Oregon bolts alone...no wonder I had to go to Calf for my bolt. While dropping off one of my bugs today for repair, I saw another project bolt in a backyard. Again in Calf & he wants it gone ASAP.

#239704 08/28/2007 3:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
"Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted a truck just like this. I would be happy to just drive it the way it is."

This comment made in the gallery posting has inspired me to go forward and not be so critical and down on my rebuild when it's not looking even close to other restorations. Some trucks appear flawless while I'm clearly settling for less.
I hate having to half/a** it,

but.

I've got to remember, I too "would be happy to just drive it the way it is"

Just the way granddad left it.

Thanks, Dana

#239705 08/28/2007 3:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
nice project.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#239706 08/28/2007 3:32 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,086
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,086
Shellology, thanks for posting that about the Gallery. We keep BEGGING and PLEADING for more information in the Gallery write-ups because you never know just what one person says may really knock some sense ... I mean, really be IMPORTANT to another person.

So for those who we have bugged ... and Jim Capon was one ... but we didn't need to really BUG him, just ask ... look what a great write-up he sent with some good intel, fine sentiments and the fact that he's looking at the rest of the site (the tech tip reference).

Excellent. The submissions today ... made my day!

So far ...

Thanks all.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
#239707 08/28/2007 10:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
Walt,

I hope you wrote Grandma at thank you card.

#239708 08/28/2007 11:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
cool truck, welcome to the 'bolt.

You are in the right place for a truck that old.

grin

-W

#239709 08/29/2007 3:24 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I agree with Woogeroo,
Cool truck, and Welcome to the "Bolt"


Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#239710 08/29/2007 4:03 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,182
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,182
Man, Walt, that truck is cherry. Nothing but surface rust, from the looks of it. Some dents, but nothing that can't be fixed. The sheet metal is the most expensive stuff on a truck, and yours looks solid as a rock.

You should look in the gallery for some inspiration. Check this out. And this .

Man I love those trucks. Wish I had the $ and the shop to do one, but I've got all I can handle with my '48 1/2 ton.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
#239711 08/29/2007 6:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,419
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,419
Hey Walt,

Very nice un-molested '41. smile smile smile Looks like hardly any rust, I like it!!

Welcome to the "Bolt".

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0