I think the Carter Webers are a small carb originally intended for a roughly 100 ci engine and therefore recommended for dual carb applications. I think the Holley Weber is a larger 2bbl carb that he recommends for a single carb application.
So here is an outside thought. What if a person modified the original choke cable to actually run a switch to apply or remove power from the electric chokes? It would essentially make an auto choke a semi-automatic, would not have the fulltime power draw mentioned earlier and trtain a stock appearance to an extent.
The smaller oil bath air cleaners will indeed fit on Offy intake spacing.
[IMG]http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/69/69/0/22/89/2922022890047579877PysoHd_th.jpg[/IMG]Tim, I would like to see how you resolve the fender brace issue with the dual carbs and the Carter Webers. I want to put the braces back on my truck. Warren suggested swithing from side to side as they are different lengths and run at different angles as they use different bolt holes from one side to the other.