I don't think you read my posts very carefully. I spent half an hour on the phone with Tom before I bought the kit. And NO, my linkage does not look like the one in his catalog. There is no piece in the kit that looks anything like the the piece connected to the throttle shaft, for one thing.
The parts I received were just wrong, or poorly finished. However, I need the carburetor, the manifold adapter, and the air cleaner. The rest is useless. What is he going to do about that? The "New" carburetor has significant corrosion on it. Maybe that is not an issue to you, but, to me, 'New' should look a little like new.
I can't post a picture of the linkage that I received on Webshots right now, but I will as soon as I can.
Next step will be making the adapter usable, and I will post before and after pictures on Webshots in the same folder, as well as pictures of the supplied carburetor base gasket and a usable version.
The bell crank is on order. I need to get the isolation/linkage connection plate built. The manual choke linkage will also connect to this, and I'm going to leave a little extra to mount the fuel pressure regulator, and maybe a hard shell fuel filter, if the plumbing doesn't look to restrictive.
I'm not mad at anyone except myself. I have to admit that the deal on the cost of the carburetor, and the air cleaner, which I happen to like a lot, was really good. Maybe my main disappointment was that so many people recommended this setup, and it just doesn't look like the kind of thing I would build.