I have run a single Holley/Weber on a bone-stock 235 as well as a dual C/W setup on my current built 235+. Both installs were without any problems and the performance over the past 5000 miles has been flawless. Granted, the linkage picture requires some common sense to assemble but everything needed for the installs were included. Ditto for the electric chokes.

I find it difficult to believe that the quality of his products has declined, and with an average of 18-20 mpg at a cruising speed of 70 mph @2000 rpms I have nothing but praise for the setup. I feel it blatantly unfair to cast dispersion on a product that has performed so well for so many. Performance and mileage are directly linked to the engine build, transmission final ratio, R&P ratio and tire diameter. If you expect a carb to solve the issues of a mismatched setup, then you are going to be disappointed. However, if you've taken time to do the math, get your gearing right and want a carb setup that will provide reliability, flawless performance and good fuel economy, then the H/W or C/W's are an excellent choice. As for the breather selection...if you don't like Tom's setup don't buy it!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"