No Man! It wasn't a stock 383. Of course I'm not gonna mention that in a sitiation like this!
But he revved. Me, no rev. You gonna rev at a stoplight, you better have something to back it up. On that day, Mopar backed my [censored] up! Anyways, it was built nicely but, it wasn't like I had a drag car. A stock 383 MAGNUM put out 335hp and 425ft.tq. That's pretty respectable. Was it a Polara with a grocery getter 383 2 bbl you were racing?
As for the time capsule Plymouth, I saw that on Discovery channel or something awhile back. They showed footage of them lowering it into it's coffin like time capsule. What an awesome idea. I can't wait 'til they unearth that thing. I think the winner is the person who guesses closest to what the population of Tulsa will be in 2007. They guessed back in '57.