Hey Matt McD,
I got an Olds story for ya. Around about summer '86, I pulled up to a stoplight in my '70 Dodge Charger with 383. There just happened to be a CHERRY! 442 to my left at the light. The guy gave it a couple a revs and I knew it was on. The light turned green and we both just sat there looking at each other. As soon as he stopped looking at me and turned his head, I knew he'd floor it and so did I. After a couple seconds I could no longer see the stripe around his cowl. After 10 seconds or so, he looked like an ant in my rear view and was wishing he'd bought a big block Mopar! And that ain't no lie!

And to go along with the barn stories and such... Here at the San Diego Automotive Museum they have a WW1 era motorcycle that was discovered in a San Diego home by renovators. It tells the whole story and even shows photos of the discovery. Apparently the guy bought it and either got drafted or enlisted, can't remember which. He knew he was going away and stored/preserved the bike in a sort of secretive place in the house. He didn't come home. His mother sold the house many years later and while the house was under construction in the, I think it was 70's-80's, some workers found it. Perfectly preserved and now in the museum. It does happen.


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20