Quote
Originally posted by Truckedup:
In Hemmings a few years back was an ad for a flat fender Willys Jeep with only a few hundred miles on it,mint condition.According the the owner,the Jeep was bought new to plow a very long driveway, no room to turn around, so it was driven in reverse,the odometer ran in reverse too, taking off the miles.
Reminds me of a real story from high school. One gal I knew took her dad's Corvair out on a weekend night, put a couple hundred miles on it. After a few drinks she decided to go out in the country and drive it around in reverse to lower the miles. All of a sudden the odometer reset to all zeros.

I can still imagine the converstaion.

Connie, what happeded to the odometer o the Corvair?

I don't know, dad. I was driving around and it just turned all the numbers to zeros.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10