I'm not worried about it.

That's dead on factory spec.

The service manual calls for. 15 psi while driving , 8 PSI while idling.

The only time it's higher than that is at cold startup. It'll sometimes go to 20 or 25 and then once it warms up it's back down to 15.

And since this engine hasn't been in rebuilt to my knowledge I figure that's pretty good for a 75-year-old engine. It could have been done sometime in the 70s or '80s I suppose. But I know the history of it back to a little over 25 years and it hasn't had any work done to it in that time

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 10/01/2026 11:45 AM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)