I have removed the transmission and clutch from the truck.

I am going to measure flywheel runout and bell housing alignment tomorrow. I discovered that my throw out bearing has a considerable amount of slop in it- a lot of axial play. I don’t know if this is unusual or not. See short video: Throw out bearing axial play

I measured the input shaft length and the distance to pilot bearing- everything is fine there. I did not trim the shaft or the bearing retainer when I originally installed it. As mentioned before, I have a NWC T-5 with a S-10 14 spline input shaft, installed with an adapter/spacer.

The throw out bearing was brand new when I installed it…. I’m wondering if the type of clutch fingers I have on the pressure plate require a throw out bearing with a curved face? My present bearing has a flat face…

I will post measurements and pics tomorrow.

Also, my pinion/trans angle is 2.5 degrees exactly- should i shim it all the way back to zero, or leave some amount of downward angle?

Additionally, when installed, my slip yoke sits 1.5 inches out from the transmission tail shaft housing. I think my driveshaft is too short (see pic): Slip yoke installed position 1.5 inches from trans housing

Last edited by Norcal Dave; 05/02/2023 5:41 AM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission