I’ve mentioned this before but in AD trucks the front cab mount pads are usually a noise problem. The old ones are flattened letting the cab rest on the frame. The replacement pads are made from the wrong rubber and consequently go flat rapidly allowing the same problem. Solution is to get pvc shower liner material and a small can of the special adhesive used with it. Cut replacement pieces and cut hole for bolt and glue/laminate until you get the right height to keep the cab at least one eighth inch off the frame. This is the best answer I’ve found and will reduce transmitted noise quite a bit…and I ought to add that noise transmitted at the front of the cab can be horrible.

As for the T5 you can run without a rear mount just fine.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end