Thanks for the advice everyone. Looks like the rear trans mount will be removed permanently. I have a digital angle finder- so I’ll be using that again to get the shim Amit determined. And I will look for machined shims, as well.

My understanding is that when a driveshaft experiences vibration only at higher speeds, it is a dynamic problem, not an angular problem. That said, I am going to fix the angle anyway. I am hoping that I can rent a tail shaft bushing removal tool for a FLaPS. Otherwise, I will be warming up the housing and knocking the old one out (carefully).

It’s going to be a couple of weeks before I can remove the T5, but I am fairly sure I am going to find that the engine/bell housing/ trans has an alignment issue. I read Lugnutz link, and I understand how to measure , but how do you correct an alignment problem? Offset dowel pins? Sounds like a nightmare waiting for me….. I have to get rid of the clutch judder though- I can manage it very well, but my wife cannot.

Last edited by Norcal Dave; 04/09/2023 1:30 AM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission