It was so long ago that I did the swap that I am not sure what I shortened, and am not sure that I shortened anything- it could it have been the tube that the release bearing slides on? If nothing should have been shortened, then that might be the problem right there- I’m going to find out soon. I’ll post my results here in a couple of weeks after I get it pulled. If I have been running it this long without the input shaft inside the pilot bearing, I am going to be flabbergasted.

Jon, as far as the locating pin goes- I’m guessing I weight have to buy (or make) a longer pin when using a shim. I have an axle swap in mine, so my setup is a bit odd compared to stock. I will post pics of that as well in my signature line.


~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission