Thanks for responding lugnutz- I’m going to read your DIY write-up on checking the bellhousing and check my pilot bushing ID.

I was told by a hotrod shop to add another 2 degrees down to my pinion angle, so that when the truck accelerated the pinion would come up and be at the right angle. I spent a lot of time measuring the angles of the pinion and the trans yoke before welding on the perches….they gave me some really bad advice!! I’m not drag racing… I should have just set it up like you said- equal angles (parallel). I need to find someone who can make me some shims that won’t break the bank!

I should have thought about that a little more before welding on my spring perches. I can fix the angle with axle/leaf spring shims. I still think the tail housing bushing is worn though.

I have to stick with my adapter plate, otherwise I’m going to have to $pend again to build a longer driveshaft. Custom driveshafts have gotten really expensive (like everything else).

BC59-

I’ve got brand new u-joints, and checked this early on- u-joints checked out okay.

Last edited by Norcal Dave; 04/07/2023 10:22 PM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission