Originally Posted by Norcal Dave
....

Also, my truck is a 3600, and so I get none of the joy that you guys get when you go looking for driveshafts- there simply aren’t any one piece driveshafts that will fit my longer frame (at least none that I could find in any salvage yard).

Mine's a 3600 as well. I don't have any wreckers left near me so don't even have the option of digging around like we used to before all the regs basically killed the automotive recycling industry up here. Luckily we have a local machine shop that does driveshafts.

With my T5 swap I went to a one-piece driveshaft with a slip yoke (the output on my T5 is a fixed yoke, cobbled together); the slightly longer wheelbase vs. a 1/2 ton is not an issue if you have a driveshaft company nearby. They will balance it too. Definitely more $$$


1949 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton - Still Solid. Regular Driver
OT Vehicles:
1925 Hudson Brougham Super Six
1950 Chevrolet Styline (Parts)
1952 Canuck Pontiac Sedan Delivery (Well Underway)
1973 F250 4x4 Highboy
1977 F250 4x4 Lowboy