Future leaning thought #1: I’m starting to get a better idea what I want to do for fuse blocks and such. Probably going to add a relay or 2 and make kind of a custom panel to mount it all up.

Would like to get some thoughts on location - I want it ask out of sight as possible, and also minimize standing on my head when I want to work on something or add a circuit or what not. Achieving both of those at the same time will be a trick.

Ideas:

* Not interested in mounting in engine bay.

* Locate fuse/relay panel high on drivers side kick panel or firewall. This achieves the out of sight goal and lines up well with where much of the wiring exits the cab. Makes access a pain.

* Locate said panel beneath radio speaker facing down. Make some sort of black enclosure so it’s fairly inconspicuous. Not ideal for making it unseen or easy access. But not horrible for either of those goals.

* Modify glove box or mount under glove box. Truck has what appears to be original glove box interior. I’d rather not screw with it.

* Mount high on passenger inner firewall. This is probably my current favorite but has its own downsides. Way way less crap in the way than the driver side. Could be tucked up kinda high and still be fairly accessible. Downside is that it’s a long way from most of the trucks circuitry. Extra wire will be involved if I want wire to exit the cab in the original-ish location.

Let me know why you think. Just for context on space/size, thinking I’d probably doing a six-ish fuse box for constant, and an another one dedicated to switched power. 2-4 Bosch style relays. Will have to link a pic or video of something similar for you to envision how much space this will occupy.


1951 3100