Originally Posted by WICruiser
I think I spent more time cleaning the gun after spraying the primer than I did applying the paint.
I used to have that same issue with my old siphon feed spray gun. But then I bought a 3M Accuspray gun with their PPS system and cleaning the gun is a snap. I use a small squeeze bottle to fill the cup port with thinner and spray it out the nozzle. It just takes a couple times and the gun is clean (also remove the nozzle and wipe down the needle. The paint cup liner just gets tossed away. I'd recommend that to any hobbiest painter.

I do use rattle cans for small jobs.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.