I received my latest version of the inner cowl panels. They are definitely formed differently but matching them up against the existing (original) area and the replacment floor patch panels they are still going to be a challenge. For one they appear to be shorter front to back than the original meaning either they will not overlap the door post, or the floor pan flange (forward portion). This raises a question regarding how others have dealt with the windlace channel that is attached (welded?) to the door post. the channel seems pretty delicate so I don't envision being able to remove it and effectively reuse it. I am seriously considering installing the inner cowl patch panel with a seam just forward of the channel as that would appear to resolve the length problem without dealing with channel replacement. The lower front corner also still does not match well with the floor patch panels but that may be a floor panel problem more than the inner cowl panel.
I have not cut out the old floor or cowl panels (planning to do one side at a time) pending the weather improving but I can see where as others have reported this will be a significant challenge to get patched back together. I am thinking that once I get all the material removed it may be easier to see the path forward. In the mean time I am formulating my plans and adjusting as I learn more. Contrary to conventional patch panel butt welding installation I am seriously considering flanging the floor patch panel to overlap the seam with the original in the front and rear. I have tools to form an offset flange that would provide the opportunity to secure the panel with screws for fit up and plug welding. I realize that overlaps can be a problem but I think I can seal the edges sufficiently to prevent moisture from getting in and corrosion starting.
Once the floor panels are in place the inner cowl, then inner to outer cowl, and finally outer cowl panels can be installed in sequence.
As a novice to this I greatly appreciate the insight provided by others that have survived this process.
Pictures please.
The correct ones do look shorter front to back than the horribly incorrect ones. I don't know if it is an optical illusion, or if the horribly wrong ones are horribly too long front to back.