I worked on welding in the passenger side panels. I still have some work to do but decided to move on with the driver's side work. My welding technique leaves a lot to be desired and I was fighting a wire feed problem with my welder but eventually it will be functional.

When I removed the reinforcement under the floor that attaches at the mounting bolt the driver's side door hinge pillar dropped (seemed a lot more "flexible" than the passenger side was). Based on my experience on the passenger side I plan to fit the floor panel roughly and then get the reinforcement installed to the underside of the panel. I anticpate that will position the door hinge post vertical location correctly but will fit check the door once the panel is screwed in place to confirm.
Attachments
20220418_142707.jpg (202.06 KB, 135 downloads)
20220418_142728.jpg (275.37 KB, 135 downloads)
20220418_142918.jpg (249.4 KB, 136 downloads)
20220418_142927.jpg (297.63 KB, 137 downloads)


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals