Originally Posted by WICruiser
I have the door opening braced but wonder if I need to remove the brace and hang the door to check the fit before I go from screwed in to welded in panels. I am also wondering if there is any reason to check fit the fornt fener (iiner and outer) before welding things in place.
That's not a bad idea, although I think you could measure the doors and openings without removing the bracing. I would try that first and see how close you are. If you remove the bracing, things might get real loosey-goosey and be tough to get it back in alignment.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.