Yep, that's exactly what I had to deal with. Screw the panels in place to match up with the door pillar, then go to work on that corner till you get it to close the gap. You don't want to move the inner panel forward to meet the toeboard. I think a fair part of the issue is the shape of the floor panel. I would get that in place first (again, with sheet metal screws temporarily, if you can do that) and work both panels to close ujp the gap. Also pay attention to the angle of the toeboard as you mentioned. I had to cut and reweld my floor patch panels at the floor/toeboard bend to get the whole floor flat across the cab.
I did not get the shorty inner cowl panels from Jim Carter. I think I got them here.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.