I agree that my door is a little low based on the belt line but it appears pretty close at the top so I am not sure I can raise it enough to get the belt line to match. I did have most, but not all of the hinge bolts installed so I will do that when I fit chech the door again (I removed the door and reinstalled my brace to continue working on my panel fits). There does not seem to be much, if any movement in the hinge mounting to adjust the door and my hinges seem pretty tight but I realize that a small amount of movement at the mounting point can move the far edges of the door a fair amount.

My current plan is to remove all the panels so that I can prep the overlap areas with weld through primer (weather will need to improve) and while the panels are off drill holes in one panel in the overlap areas for the plug welds. Then reinstall all the panels and test fit the door again, make any additional tweaks, and then start welding. I anticipate that I will remove the door and install the brace prior to welding just to improve access.

Knowing what I do from working on the passenger side I am not sure what to expect on the driver's side. Initially the driver's side appeared to have less rusted out areas but I am not sure how good/bad the rocker, floor, floor reinformcement, and inner cowl joint is. One thing at a time though (I tend to get ahead of myself).


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals