I installed the upper inner cowl panel and hung the door.

The edge gap between the door and the cab is pretty consistant all the way around which seems good. However, the lower rear door surface is outside of the cab more than I would like. I am wondering if the lower end of the door hinge post moved out as a result of my work to install the floor, inner cowl, etc. making the door farther out at the bottom (although the front looks good). The front of the door lower shape also is lower than the cowl but I can not see any reason that would be related to my work as the outer cowl follows the door hinge post which has not been altered.

I located dimensions for the cab in the factory assembly manual that show the hinge bolt positions relative to the cab centerline. I did not try to find the centerline but did measure from the driver's side bolts. Based on the upper bolt measurements my cab is wider than specified (57.5" vs. 57") but the bottom is off more than the top (59 5/8" vs. 59").

If I need to move the bottom of the door hinge post inward I am not sure how I am going to accomplish itas there is a lot going on at the bottom of the door hingge post connection with the rocker, inner cowl, floor pan, and floor reinforcement.
Attachments
20220405_111434.jpg (235.46 KB, 203 downloads)
20220405_112829.jpg (150.85 KB, 201 downloads)
20220405_112805.jpg (175.56 KB, 198 downloads)


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals