Finally got back to working on the truck yesterday. I had rebuilt the under floor reinforcement/support and removed all the screwed in panels to install it. I also fabricated an extention piece for the rocker panel that was rusted away forward of the door pillar.

Now that I am trying to get all the pieces to work together I realize that the reinforcement can not be attached to the floor panel prior to installation because the rocker panel is sandwiched between the floor and the reinforcement. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the sequence of assembly.

With the floor reinforcement roughly in place and the floor panel screwed in place the inner lower cowl does not fit as well as it had previously so I am still fiddling with the inner cowl, inner to outer cowl, and outer cowl pieces to get the fit I think is needed.

I have the door opening braced but wonder if I need to remove the brace and hang the door to check the fit before I go from screwed in to welded in panels. I am also wondering if there is any reason to check fit the fornt fener (iiner and outer) before welding things in place.


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals