So do you a have a foot start, push button on the dash or a solenoid start? Can you give us the name of the vendor where you got the cylinder and it's part number?
Who is this mysterious "lock cylinder supplier" ?????? Why would he advise YOU to make sure the teeth are prominent when HE is supplying the key? What does the key have to do with it? It only releases the mechanism that turns the cylinder which turns the rotary switch. You have not told us anything about the cylinder not operating or the key causing troubles. You have only said the motor won't turn off. I understand that you say when you get a new cylinder the problem goes away. This makes you believe it is the cylinder. I have explained how it works and I do not believe it is the cylinder.
I also can't explain why you never got a new switch.
I can't explain why it goes away when you get a new cylinder. I also can't explain why you are only getting one season on a cylinder. Neither makes any sense. Have not noticed anyone having such short service out of a cylinder. Also your lock cylinder guy is talking crazy talk about key teeth being the problem.
I will stick with my original post. It's the electrical switch part. NOT the cylinder. Unless you forgot to tell us something about the actual cylinder not turning. I tried to cover that in my last post by saying if goes to ON and back to OFF, that's all it is supposed to do.





.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn