Hi Tom. the ignition switch does not need a relay. You don't need to add terminal blocks. Your switch will operate on 12V. 12V has half the amp load of 6V. The switch will be OK. Adding a relay is not part of a 12V conversoin per me or our tech ti section. I do, however need to know what switch you finally used.


So here are my questions, assumptions and things I will study, if necessary, after you post a response.

1. Your wiring info above is very hard to decipher right now. I don't have any idea what colors are for what until I look at the AAW info, if I can find it.
2. Since this post is fairly old, can you please advise as to what ignition switch you are now using? A picture of it? A part number? Where you got it? anything at all so I can know what it is.
3. Please advise if you now have any problems with any electrical on the truck or is everything now OK?
4. You have never actually said that you have installed a NON FOOT START starter and that you now have an electric solenoid starter. You only said "During the rebuild, I removed the foot starter pedal and installed a push button in the dash (just like the first car I ever owned)." Even though I know you must have the electric, please confirm.
5. Do you have an alternator or a generator/voltage regulator charging system?
6. Please confirm if you have a 6V or a 12V system.

I am now looking at the AAW instructions.
There are TWO different Highway15 kits. One is the universal kit and one is the nostalgia kit. you gave the part number for the universal kit. The online instructions diagram on that one says "Do Not Use For Installation". The Nostalgia diagram does not say that. The two diagrams have DIFFERENT colors. SOooooo I need you to post or send me good clear pics of the diagram you are using.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn