You might appreciate the symbolism in this, bartamos. I ordered a new lock cylinder from Classic Parts of America. It arrived on Thursday, inserted into a new switch--all for the price of a lock cylinder! Perhaps you and the universe are trying to tell me something..

I don't believe that I have wired anything incorrectly. Not because I am an electrician, but because I am really, really good at following written instructions and wiring diagrams. The instructions and diagrams supplied by American Autowire are thorough and easy to follow. However, the ignition switch they supplied did not fit into my dashboard without major alterations which I did not want to do. So, I documented by hand all of my wiring terminations on the original switch. For your review,I would be happy to share this diagram with you once I figure out how to get a hard copy into electronic form and post it here.

The new switch is 3 pole just like the original. Aesthetically, I am trying to keep the appearance of the dashboard as close to era as the original. That's why I installed the push button. Let me know if seeing my handwritten diagram of the ignition switch interests you.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts to help me on this problem.


Tom B
1953 Chevy 3/4 ton 3600
1964 292 cu. in. in-line six