Here is more information. I talked with the owner of The Filling Station and he thought I should be using a relay switch. My previous post shows my manual drawing of how I wired the original switch. After thinking about his comment, I realized that I was sending a heavy load from a 12 volt system through a 6 volt switch. If that is true, then bartamos you were right. My problem is indeed a wiring problem. My plan is to move all these wires on the ignition switch to terminal blocks and connect the ignition switch to the terminal blocks through a relay. Does this make sense to you? I used AAW Highway 15 kit, their catalog P/N 500703. I also used an additional fuse block for trailer power, electric brakes, heater A/C, heated seats and some power receptacles for charging electronic devices. I do have an antiquated Radio Shack version of an ammeter.