Sure, would love to see wiring diagrams, instructions, etc. There are different "ideas" used throughout auto electrical design. Best practices economically and electrically changed a little. I was giving you the "settled" wiring for pre-computer, points style wiring most often used. Getting power to headlight switch and ignition switch, with ammeters can be accomplished several ways. As long as you get the power to the switch, it's OK. The newer harnesses use a prewired fuse panel and the harness is a universal kit. So the wiring scheme is not like the original that had little or no fuses and unnecessary terminal blocks.
Please indicate if you have an ammeter and give AAW harness part number. That is the best harness available. Good choice.
It is odd that you want originality but have installed a push button start switch. That's why I thought it was best to go ahead and eliminate that push button while also allowing you to eliminate the foot start and use the all-in-one switch we recommended. It would look pretty close to original in the dash hole I would think.
I support your decisions, it's your truck. I can only suggest options to consider and points to ponder. Always good to have other thoughts, albeit not inline with a persons restore vision.