I think all points made above are great valid things one must consider. Your asking a truck that was designed to travel 50 mph to travel 28% faster than designed also using old likely worn out parts. If you want your truck to perform like a modern car, it needs updating. Just to new well working stock parts are fine, but you need a fresh start.

My truck travels those speeds all day long. But it also has all new modern tie rod ends or safer parts, (still drum brakes) but it is all new and in good working order. I inspect all part at least annually.

I'd consider yourself lucky that something didn't fail and harm you or someone else on the road.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery