After work tonight I pulled the Burb out into the driveway and jacked it up one wheel at a time to look at the suspension. See the pictures at the following link.
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/biglarry3/library/I pulled the drivers front wheel first. There was some grease/sludge coming out around the wheel bearing washer. There is a closeup picture of that side. There was also a little bit of play in the bearing. Not much, maybe a 16th/8th of an inch. I posted a video of me moving the wheel back and forth. You can hear a distinct knocking sound as I rocked it back and forth. I assume the bearings are supposed to be tight without free play. The passenger side was the same. Just a little bit of knocking back and forth.
I looked at the rest of the steering parts. I didn't have anyone to play with the wheel for me, so I just looked over the parts. All the joints were tight. I tried my best to move the parts/joints around but there were solid. I posted some pictures of the parts as well.
As you can see there is lots of old caked on grease/mud/who knows what on the parts. The last picture is of the pile of stuff I pried off the passenger side back of the spindle.
So, my first impression is that the wheel bearings probably need to be replaced.
As far as the drive shaft goes, the u-joints were installed with a press. I did it by hand. That being said, once I discovered the secret of putting the bearing caps on the freezer for a little while, they went right in. I got all the clips in place no problems. I'll crawl back under and take another look to be sure.
As always, any observations or suggestions are appreciated.