The drive shaft is original. All I did was take it off, disconnect the trans yoke, installed new U-joints and put it back on the truck. I didn't bang it around or drop it so I don't think its bent. The trans yoke looked solid and not bent or deformed at all. I did get all the needle bearings back in the u-joints to. My gut tells me its not the drive shaft.
I have not had an alignment done on the truck. I've always been very impressed with the driveability. The steering is pretty tight; no sawing the wheel back and forth on the road. It does not pull or wander on the road. The truck stops quite well; straight and true.
All that being said, I must admit I've never had the wheels off the truck. The tires appear relatively new and don't show any signs of uneven wear. When I got the truck it drove and stopped so well I never bothered to pull the wheels.
I'll pull the front wheels off and look for obviously missing tire weights, and check the breaks and bearings. I can identify issues with those.
My biggest concern is that I don't know what bad looks like when it comes to suspension parts. I was looking for some helpful advice to arm myself with for when I take the truck in for an alignment. I'm trying to avoid some guy glancing under my truck and saying "Oh year, your whole front suspension is shot. For just $950 I can fix that for you." I need to get with a trusted friend/fellow bolter in the area that know's their stuff to take a look at if for me.