Roy;

Yes. I had taken it up to about 65 in the past. The engine wound up like crazy but I don't remember any shaking. I didn't stay at speed for very long though so maybe I just didn't pick up on it.

Don;

I really don't want to take the drive shaft back out. It was such a monumental pain in the butt to get in. I fought with the u-joints for hours. I actually went through 3 brand new u-joints before I got one successfuly installed. I'll give it a real good visual inspection and see if anything looks odd. If I can't solve the shaking any other way, I'll save the drive shaft task as a last resort.

Mark;

I like your approach. I did that to a cerain extent the other day and didn't find anything lose other than the wheel bearings I mentioned. There was a distinct knocking sound with about 1/16th to 1/8th an inch of play. Not real bad, but I could see it starting to wobble at highway speed. Both sides were about the same. I'll put the truck up on jack stands this weekend and really heave hoe on the parts to see if anything shakes loose.

I need to dig into the shop manual this evening and see what it says about installing/tightning the wheel bearings. If I can't find clear guidance, I'll post a question. I can already hear Bill (Red58)getting ready to chastise me for not reading the manual first. :-)

Last edited by Larry_58_Burb; 05/31/2013 10:23 AM.

Thanks

Larry