Bill;
Ok. I'll pull the hubs off on Friday and have a good look at the bearings. I'll probably just buy new ones and have them ready to go. One of the things I noticed was that there was a little play in the washer behind the castle nut. It would spin free and had some in/out side/side play. At first I was just going to pull the cotter pin and tighten the nuts. I decided not to and to wait till I had the time to take them apart for a look.
I'll have one of my boys sit in the cab and work the wheel back and forth while I look for lose joints. I pushed and pulled and twisted them as hard as I could and they seemed to be real solid. I'll also move the steering wheel lock to lock and look for interference from the tire. I'll check the back side of the tire too. Another issue I forgot to mention is that when I back up and turn the wheel hard to one side or the other I hear a rubbing/grinding noise. I thought it might be the bad bearings, but now I'm thinking it may be a rubbing tire.
I did dig out all the grease fittings I could find. I want to say there where 4 on each side for the spindle assembly. One more on each of the joints for the steering components. All took grease. I had to pump it pretty hard into the two fittings on the spindle where the king pins are but it went in.