New year, brings new things to look for and do. Listing stuff made sense.
1] After bolting things together on the frame, I found out that I have all front end sheet metal for a GMC, but have a Chevy hood. The bolt and spring will fit both models, as I know that most parts are interchangeable between Chevy and GMC. Does anyone have the inner sheet metal part for the hood for a GMC, so my hood will close and latch?
2] I will undergo the learning experiences of rebuilding the stock front axle assembly and kingpins. Gives me a reason to build a hydraulic press frame. The emails have told me that I do have a PayPal account now. I had an offer for a steering box and column from another 'Bolter, and was wondering if it still is valid. Something that will be added to the front axle {to help with handling} will be a sway bar. The front bearing sets will be roller.
3] Does anyone know of another company, other than LMC for truck parts?
4] A rear axle replacement is still being looked at. There are six lug Chevy axles being produced again, so things are not just focused on Blazer parts alone.
5] The space in my cab is limited to the amount of sheet metal it has. The bracing is in place for the new floor to be fabricated and installed. I will make sure that it is welded secure just after the door framing, but stop at that point.
The idea is to extend the cab some, maybe 12 to 18 niches, but still retain the general shape. Aftermarket van windows can be installed later, or not. This has probably already been done by others. The frame will be stretched and strengthened a bit also, since there needs to be ample space for the bed and new spring mounts. I'm used to driving long wheelbase 4-door trucks.
Replies are welcome, thanks for your time.