Thanks to all of your responses. Yes, I will prove my son wrong. I 'm now an Army Dad, as he is now in S.Korea, as part of the 2ID.
Anyway, there are a lot of 'options' that can be inserted when reassembling a 'steel puzzle' in this day and age. Since there is so much missing, this truck will turn into a street rod project before long. My aim is to use General Motors parts, in a GM truck. I may not be staying inside the lines, but will work mostly "outside the box", but will make it functional.
Does anyone know if they ever made a pickup with a dump box? I also realize that if this route is taken it will get heavier axles. I use a welder as part of my 'hobby' and have worked helping to make airplane hangar doors. I make my own utility trailers. I am on my 2nd, 1ton 4-door Chevy P/U [a 1989 and now a 2000 CK3500], so this will be a double challenge to see just how much room I can get out of a 'little' truck. Again, thanks for the input and your time.


1965 Olds F85 wagon
1969 Olds Cutlass
1965 Falcon Van
1969 El Camino
1972 GMC 3/4T
1972 K5 Blazer
1971 C10
1976 Suburban
1978 Suburban
1930 F**d AA Stake
1989 CK3500 2WD
2000 CK3500 4WD
1953 GMC 3100

1] *Note* All drawings are subject to engineering changes at any given time without notice of: barometric pressure, wind patterns, caffiene, or written authorization of the female.
2] Cash for Clunkers: You can have my truck, after it has turned into a pile of rust in the driveway.