Got some money down on a 350 Olds [1980] motor, and a set of axles from a '90 Astro Van. Also got the title, finally.
...The front axle is actually the entire sub frame, including the power steering box and motor mounts. Did ya know they offset the motor mounts [to the right] to make room for the steering? This will be an advantage to the makeup of this little beastie. As it appears, I will have to 'adjust the location and angle of the steering box, so I won't need a right angle gearbox in between the steering gear box and steering shaft.
If I stay with the stock van {fiberglass!} springs, the max weight it could carry, will only be around a ton. Also, when 'blending' the 2 frames together, there is the chance to lengthen it a few inches, if the need be. The parking brake linkage just behind the cab, has the option of becoming a release for the hydraulic dump bed. I plan to use what ever is handy and mostly stock from the truck....It just may not be for the originally intended purposes.
The battery will be carried someplace else, perhaps under the hood. Also need to start working on the new cab floor.