OK. Now since I'm thinking of keeping with the stock front axle, the question arises? Where does one get a 'rebuild kit' for the kingpins, let alone what do I do with the tie rod ends and other linkages, in as much as replacements? I don't think I can get these at Autozone. I have a nibble on a steering box from another member, and will act upon it, straight away. Set yer hooks.
The rear end that is on the truck had its torque tube butchered with a torch, so that is the main reason for all the inquiries and other rear end types. Besides, the THM350 in the garage will give me some rebuilding practice.
Also, if I'm able to stay with the six-lug wheel arrangement and the Blazer rear end, I can stiffen the suspension and take her two-tracking without too much flaring of the fenders. Asit is, I plan to make her into a short-sided dumping flat bed, so I won't need the pickup box and rear fenders. I want to keep the tailgate, and make it a part of the upright of the bed, since it the only item I have so far that shows the truck type. I could use a GMC emblem[s] for the hood, or just make them from scratch when I design and build the grille and front bumper setup.
Last edited by OldeScouter; 08/27/2009 2:01 PM.