Hello, guess I'm outa my mind, my son says I'll never drive it...we will see. My newest project is a "Basket case" 1953 GMC 1/2T P/U. Frame and axles, cab, doors,box & tailgate, inner and outer fenders, and a hood. Bought it all taken apart for $100. Easier that way, to put back together the way one wants to. There is a long list of what isn't there; that just makes it more interesting a challenge for one who hot forges steel and welds, to 'Git'er Done'.


I've had a little experience with these iron beasts. Had a 1930 AA Ford Stake truck, rescued from the cutter's torch.
"Old Fords never die, they just get new owners" was painted on the inside of the cab cowling, just before I sold it. It should be considered a universal expression to "Old Trucks never die, they just get new owners". Nuff said.

Will have lots of questions to ask, and will make use of this forum for possible answers. Modify as necessary, just make it work. The '53 has no bumpers, grille, or running boards. Just leaves more to the imagination to create from scratch.