Well, I have seen a couple in museums that are suppose to be documeneted as original...as in straight from the factory. I honestly believe that there are some out there....they may not be our specific truck ect but I do believe some exist. They may have to be jump started but there's a few out there.
Now I know we can't believe all we see or read...but for example there is a truck in the Old CArs weekly now that is suppose to have only 56 or 86 miles...I think it was a two digit number as I have not read the complete article yet.
Some folks that have these vehicles will change the tires or battery for show and then put them back in the truck.
That said, I like to go to shows and see cars and trucks with original torn seats, dings, dents, just all around original patina. One of the best I've ever seen was an old truck at a local show which this OLD man had that belonged to his dad who bought it new. I think it was 1923, but not sure now, and it had tags from the 30's nailed in the floor and other places. It was neat to listen to the old guy about him remembering when his dad nailed them down and why. WOW
I'm sure we all have similar stories and that is what it's all about. I think we can all appreciate all "levels" of originality, or restorations. I like them original but I don't have deep pockets so I use what I have, or can get or barter for and at least SAVE a PIECE of history although it may be only a piece.
Isn't this place marvelous!!