FredT,
Assuming the worst: Pulling the crank out requires pulling the engine & tranny and complete disassembly of engine. Then it becomes ANOTHER rebuild. I am not going to do that, not so soon, no way frown . Not to mention that I'd have to tow the car home first.

I need a way to flush the crap out without further disassembly of car or component parts of engine. I can wipe the oil pan and crankcase out with old t-shirts soaked in paint thinner.

Can I remove the valvecover and pour a gallon or two of fresh, cheap oil over the valvetrain and let it run out of the crankcase and into a tub below the car? Then wipe out the crankcase, reassemble the engine and change the oil several times?

But the question remains: How did the distributor gear crash the oil pump in the first place?

thanks guys,

chiphead


Preaching the Hot Rod Gospel according to the 4-stroke apostles:

Suck, Squish, Fire and Fumes