I primed, based, and cleared my parts. I don't have a spray booth so I get some dirt in my paint. I just hit them with some 2000 grit to get the nubs out and a quick polish. I have some "Black Gold" wax that is amazing that I can put on in a couple of months. I realize the vast majority of this is never seen but it is good practice for me and I'm not normal. I did all of this with a $36 airbrush from Amazon with a .05 needle tip. I have trouble getting paint into the nooks and crannies with my turbine spray gun without getting too much in the areas around the detailed parts like the power motor. I'm sure it's just inexperience on my part. I got some texturing on the bigger parts. In retrospect I think I should have used the airbrush on the detailed parts and the cup gun on the larger parts. The column tubes came out really nice. I need to go through the ball nut and then I'm ready to assemble. I'm sick of tedious painting.