The unit is an EPAS Performance model specific kit. I bought it direct through EPAS Performance. It has adjustable gain. If it fails or loses power it just goes back to manual. I see your point about the smaller wheel and the increased ratio being hard to turn but I would most likely be moving anyway to mitigate the problem. They were very helpful. Normally you would want the quickener before the EPAS unit so as to not put added strain on the unit. My problem was packaging. If I put the quickener before the unit it puts the unit down by the floorboard instead of up under the dash. After much discussion we determined that since the unit was designed for a 14:1 box and mine was a 22:1 that putting it below it would have no more strain than a modern box so it would be fine. I put one of these units on a friends 55 a few years back without the quickener and it works smooth as silk still. Thank you for your thoughts.
Attachments
EPAS 1.jpg (471.37 KB, 168 downloads)
EPAS 3.jpg (238.45 KB, 169 downloads)
EPAS 4.jpg (196.63 KB, 171 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.