A big shout out to Jon G for saving my bacon and sending me a great link in the Driveline Forum on rebuilding my ball nut and steering box.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...gs-in-a-53-3100-steering-box#Post1586277 I had already rebuilt the steering box with bushings, bearings, and races but never addressed ball nut. There was about .005" play in the ball nut and the balls were about .0005" out of round. I polished the worm gear and replaced the balls (60) with new ones .280". I can't measure this small but I would say there is less than .001" play in the ball nut dry after rebuilding. The shaft on the sector gear was in nice shape with some deformation where the seal rides and a slight amount of burring where the adjuster bolt goes in. I stoned them down to 2000 grit and polished them on the buffer with stainless steel compound. I stayed away for the bearing surfaces as much as possible when stoning so as to not reduce the size. I relapsed and found myself re-polishing the polished ARP bolts. I made a temporary steering shaft to get the adjustment right and then installed the quickener.