I finished grinding and sanding my parts and some parts were too rough and had voids in them so I put some PC-7 epoxy on it to fill the bad parts and voids and sanded it again. I then sprayed 2K epoxy primer/sealer on it and sanded it yet another time. I then installed the covers and trimmed the gaskets to match. On the threads of the "adjuster nut" I blued it and put a thin coating of "Sharkhide" on it. The stock tube I measured at 1.75" with .080 wall. My new DOM tube is 1.75" with 0.88 wall so I put it in the lathe and opened up the center at the top.so the upper bearing would fit.
Attachments
EPAS steering column 59.jpg (294.21 KB, 129 downloads)
EPAS steering column 60.jpg (314.24 KB, 128 downloads)
EPAS steering column 62.jpg (372.79 KB, 128 downloads)
EPAS steering column 64.jpg (412.62 KB, 127 downloads)
EPAS steering column 65.jpg (263.24 KB, 127 downloads)
EPAS steering column 66.jpg (293.97 KB, 128 downloads)
EPAS steering column 67.jpg (412.92 KB, 127 downloads)
EPAS steering column 68.jpg (258.84 KB, 126 downloads)
EPAS steering column 69.jpg (288.26 KB, 126 downloads)
EPAS steering column 70.jpg (142.96 KB, 127 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.